*10 Ing. or Fewer *Gluten-Free *Vegetarian *Vegan–Optional
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: 3-qt.
Needed at Time of Preparation:
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
2 cups apple juice
2 cups water
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
⅛ tsp. cloves
⅛ tsp. nutmeg
4 Tbsp. butter, sliced (to keep vegan, replace with oil)
1. Place all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Smoosh it all around to combine everything well.
2. Remove as much air as possible and seal bag.
3. Label the bag with the information below, then freeze.”
Information for Freezer Bag:
APPLE BREAKFAST RISOTTO
Makes 4 servings Cooking Time: 8 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3-qt.
Needed at Time of Cooking:
2½ cups Arborio rice
1. Thaw bag completely for 24–48 hours or more.
2. Spray crock with nonstick spray.
3. Add the Arborio rice into the bag and smoosh until everything is combined well. Pour the contents of the bag into the crock.
4. Cover and cook for at least 3-4 hours.