*Gluten-Free–Optional Makes 6–8 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 4 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
Needed at Time of Preparation:
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ cup chopped onions
½ green pepper, chopped
15-oz. can pineapple chunks with juice
¾–1 cup reserved pineapple juice
¾ cup ketchup
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. soy sauce *replace with tamari or liquid aminos to make this recipe gluten-free
½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Smoosh around to coat everything evenly.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal bag.
- Label the bag with the information below, then freeze.
TIP: If 6–8 servings are just too much for you, either split the recipe between 2 freezer bags or make it all and freeze the leftovers.
Information for Freezer Bag:
Makes 6–8 servings
Cooking Time: 4 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
Needed at Time of Serving:
- Thaw bag completely for 24–48 hours or more.
- Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
- Empty contents of freezer bag into the crock, spreading everything out evenly.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4 hours, or until instant-read meat thermometer registers 165°F when stuck into center of thighs.
- Serve over cooked rice.