*10 Ing. or Fewer *Gluten-Free–Optional
Makes 8–12 servings
Prep. Time: 10–15 minutes Cooking Time: 4–5 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
Needed at Time of Preparation:
8–12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce *make sure yours is gluten-free if you’re making this recipe gluten-free
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce *replace with tamari or liquid aminos if you’re making this recipe gluten-free
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. spicy brown mustard *make sure yours is gluten-free if you’re making this recipe gluten-free
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Smoosh around to coat everything evenly.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal bag.
- Label the bag with the information below, then freeze.
TIP: If 8–12 servings are just too much for you, either split the recipe between 2–3 freezer bags or make it all and freeze the leftovers.
Information for Freezer Bag:
ZESTY BARBECUED CHICKEN
“Makes 8–12 servings
Cooking Time: 4–5 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
- Thaw bag completely for 24–48 hours or more.
- Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
- Empty contents of freezer bag into the crock.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4–5 hours, or until instant-read meat thermometer registers 160–165°F when stuck into thighs.