*5 Ing. or Fewer *Gluten-Free
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 15–20 minutes Cooking Time: 3–4 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: oval 6- or 7-qt.
Needed at Time of Preparation:
3–4-lb. boneless pork loin roast, wide and short (not skinny and long)
7–9 cloves garlic, halved or quartered lengthwise
salt to taste
pepper to taste
2–2½ cups opal basil, raspberry or blackberry vinegar, or your favourite fruity vinegar
- Pierce roast with a knife about ½ inch deep at 2-inch intervals. Insert a piece of garlic in each slit.
- Place roast and all remaining ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag and smoosh around to coat roast well.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal bag.
- Label with the information opposite, then freeze.
TIP: If 8 servings are just too much for you, either split the recipe between 2 freezer bags or make it all and freeze the leftovers.
Information for Freezer Bag:
Makes 8 servings
Cooking Time: 3–4 hours Ideal slow-cooker size: oval 6- or 7-qt.
Needed at Time of Cooking/Serving:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
1½ tsp. dried tarragon
1½ tsp. Dijon mustard *make sure yours is gluten-free to make this recipe gluten-free
fresh parsley sprigs
- Thaw bag completely for 24–48 hours or more.
- Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
- Remove meat from the freezer bag, but reserve liquid in the bag.
- Cover cooker. Cook on Low 3–4 hours, or until instant-read meat thermometer registers 145°F when stuck in center of the roast.
- Near the end of roast’s cooking time, melt butter in skillet. Sauté shallots until softened. Stir in tarragon and mustard. Mix well.
- Stir 1½–2 cups reserved marinade into mixture in skillet. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened and creamy. Set aside, but keep warm until serving time.
- Remove roast from cooker to cutting board. Cover and keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes. Then slice.
- Place slices in a deep platter. Cover with warm sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.