So, what if you want to make these meals and then freeze them? Honestly, it’s easy! You cook them, cool them, then freeze them!
Here are my tips:
- Always let food cool completely to room temperature; cool in the refrigerator and then freeze.
- Be sure your food is in a freezer-safe bag or storage container and is tightly sealed. You want to remove as much air as possible prior to freezing.
- Make sure to label all of your freezer bags well. Always put the date you’ve prepared the bag on them so you know how long it’s been in the freezer.
- Use up your freezer meals within 2–3 months.
- Consider portioning out your meals into single-serving sizes, or sizes large enough for your family.
- Thaw them completely before cooking by placing them in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. When reheating, you’ll need the internal temperature to be 165°F.